Post-Rapture Survival Guide
Post-Rapture Survival Guide
by Michael G. Mickey
If you're reading this in the aftermath of the unexplained disappearance of millions of people from around the world, I have some very bad news. The Rapture of the Church has come and you've been left behind.
All those who have vanished have been called away to be with the Lord as promised in 1st Thessalonians 4:16-17: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
The reason it happened so quickly, leaving everyone to wonder what has happened, is found in 1st Corinthians 15:51-52: “...we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”
You may not immediately believe this is the case because you may know some people who vanished you didn't think were Christians. You may also know some people who were left behind who claimed to be Christians. The only explanation I can give you is not everyone who goes to church calling themselves Christians really are! Likewise, there are many Christians who walk quietly in their faith to the extent you didn't know they were Christ followers. I can tell you with 100% confidence every person that vanished was a Christian who accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!
We could spend a huge amount of time discussing why you've been left here, but that is of little consequence now. The key is to understand what is going to happen from the point of the disappearances forward.
The first thing I urgently caution you against is believing in any theory concerning the disappearances that isn't found in the Bible! The Bible tells us a strong delusion will fall on the earth after the Rapture has taken place and many will believe a lie. I personally believe the lie is going to come from a man I'll explain to you a bit later, the Antichrist, but beware of any explanation that doesn't come from the Bible! This is a critical point! If you believe the explanation of the Rapture that will be given by mankind, you are already in deep, deep trouble.
Since I have no idea how long it's been since the disappearances happened, you may have to scan this document over to see where you are in the chain of events listed here so you may know what to expect from that point forward.
I warn you in advance. You are going to find the remainder of this guide terribly disturbing from this point forward. I wish I could offer you some hope, but I can't. The remainder of your life on earth is going to be a nightmare scenario, but there is yet hope for you.
I recommend you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior right now. If you don't know how to do that, click HERE. The only way you're going to avoid an eternity in hell beyond this life is if you have accepted Him. The likelihood you are going to die in the very near future is extremely high so you better not delay in this decision!
What is coming
The Bible teaches us there will a seven-year period of time most Christians refer to as the Tribulation Period - a time of testing that will fall upon mankind as a result of its disobedience to Almighty God.
Although it is possible there will be a delay of weeks, months, or even years between the Rapture of the Church and the start of the Tribulation Period, the onset will likely come very quickly.
Jesus said in Matthew 24:37-39: “But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
Let's examine that Scripture broken down into smaller sections:
- But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage - Here we see life will be proceeding normally at the time these events start to unfold.
- until the day that Noe entered into the ark - The key word here is UNTIL. Noah, a righteous man, was placed in a position of safety inside the ark. Why? Because divine judgment was about to fall!
- And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be - This demonstrates the onset of the Tribulation Period will be like a flood - sudden and destructive!
This passage indicates to me you are likely already living in the Tribulation Period. If you are, some of the events the Bible tells us will come are going to be instantly recognizable to you as I describe them.
The Bible tells us there will be 21 total judgments that will fall upon mankind during the Tribulation Period. They are:
- The seven seal judgments.
- The seven trumpet judgments.
- The seven bowl judgments.
The start of the Tribulation Period - The Seal Judgments
The seven seal judgments will take place early in the Tribulation Period, within the first 3 1/2 years of its start.
- The rider on the white horse - The first seal is symbolic of the infamous Antichrist, the word's greatest dictator. Amazingly, the most evil man the world has ever known will arrive on-scene as a peacemaker deceiving many. A peace treaty he (a leader from the revived Roman Empire, the European Union) will sign between Israel and her enemies lasting seven years in duration will be the event that starts the seven-year Tribulation Period. The Tribulation Period and the Antichrist's peace plan are intertwined. You will instantly know this rider on the white horse once he has arrived because his face will be plastered on the cover of every magazine as a great peacemaker, a man who has succeeded in doing what no one has been able to do thus far, create a true peace in the Middle East. Revelation 6:2: “And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.”
- The rider on the red horse - The second seal reveals the rider on the red horse. This rider is symbolic of war. He will take peace from the earth. I personally believe this horseman is representative of the Gog/Magog invasion of Israel detailed in Ezekiel 38 & 39 which will occur when Israel senses it is dwelling in safety under a peace plan. This attack will come from a coalition of nations consisting of Russia and a federation of Islamic/Arab nations and will end in a horrific defeat of the invading armies. Five out of every six invading troops will die and the weapons left behind by them will be burned for a period of seven years. There is some debate as to whether the Gog/Magog invasion takes place before or after the start of the Tribulation Period so you will need to discern which is true after reading this. You will be able to tell by examining whether or not the Antichrist's peace plan is in place. You will easily recognize if this peace is in place, as explained earlier, because it will be extremely well-publicized. Whether the Gog/Magog event has happened or not, this rider will bring about global conflict. Revelation 6:4: “And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.”
- The rider on the black horse - The third seal reveals the rider on the black horse. This rider is symbolic of famine. Revelation 6:5-6: And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
- The rider on the pale horse - The fourth seal reveals the rider on the pale horse. This rider is symbolic of widespread death on the earth and is descriptive as to how this will happen, as seen in bold type below. One quarter of the world's population will die as a result of this judgment. Revelation 6:8: And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
- The cries of martyred saints - The fifth seal unveils the cries of previously-martyred believers in Christ for justice. Christ responds by telling them to rest a little while until their fellowservants and brethren similarly destined to be martyred for their faith in Christ takes place in its fullness. If you are a believer confronted with the possibility of martyrdom in the Tribulation Period, I urge you to be faithful unto death. Do not, under any circumstances, renounce your faith in Christ for great will be your reward in heaven if you love not your life unto the death, as seen in Revelation 12:11. Revelation 6:9-11: “And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.”
- A terrible earthquake and a cosmic disturbance - The world will tremble for a time and mankind will fear God's wrath when the sixth seal is opened. Revelation 6:12-17: “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” After the sixth seal is opened, Revelation 7:4-8 tells us 12,000 men from each of Israel's twelve tribes will be sealed as God's servants and will preach the Gospel resulting in a tremendous soul harvest during the Tribulation as seen in Revelation 7:9.
- Silence in heaven - When the seventh seal is opened, Heaven falls silent for about half an hour. This moment is so frightening it appears the saints in Heaven either feel sorry for those left behind or are in awe concerning what is coming next. Revelation 8:1: “And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.”
The Trumpet Judgments
The seven trumpet judgments will take place in the first half of the Tribulation Period, within the first 3 1/2 years of the Antichrist's peace plan being implemented. Seven angels will sound their trumpets, bringing about global destruction, suffering, and death.
- Vegetation destroyed - The first trumpet judgment brings about the destruction of a lot of the earth's vegetation. Although we don't know exactly what causes this, the prophetic description sounds very reminiscent of the use of nuclear weaponry. Revelation 8:7: “The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.”
- A third of all sea life is killed and a third of shipping is destroyed - Revelation 8:8-9: “And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.”
- Water supplies are tainted when a “star” named Wormwood hits the earth - Revelation 8:10-11: “And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.”
- The heavens are darkened - Revelation 8:12: “And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.”
- The bottomless pit is opened and a plague of locust-like creatures proceeds to torture mankind for five months - This plague doesn't come to those who've accepted Christ, but tortures everyone else. Revelation 9:1-6: “And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.”
- The four angels bound at the Euphrates River are released to kill one third of mankind - This trumpet judgment brings about the mention of an army of 200 million soldiers and the death of a third of mankind's remaining population. Revelation 9:13-18: “And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.”
- The kingdom of the Lord is proclaimed in heaven resulting in events on earth - Revelation 11:15: “And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:19: And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.”
Mid-point of the Tribulation Period
(3.5 years are finished, 3.5 years remain)
Near the mid-point of the Tribulation Period, the Antichrist will be slain by the sword (assassinated), but will miraculously be resurrected (in some manner) after Satan himself indwells his body, counterfeiting the resurrection of Christ. The world will marvel after him, perhaps thinking he is God.
The Antichrist will subsequently enter a Holy Temple of the Jews that will be in full operation at the mid-point of the Tribulation Period and proclaim himself to be God! This incident is referred to as the abomination of desolation and can be found in Daniel 9:27, Revelation 13:6, and Matthew 24:15. 2nd Thessalonians 2:4 establishes that the Antichrist will make a claim to deity as he will “sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”
If you are a Jew living in Israel and you see the abomination of desolation take place, flee Israel immediately and head into the wilderness (Matthew 24:15-20) where the Lord has a place prepared for you (Revelation 12:6). Don't worry about food, water, or clothing. Much like the Father fed the children of Israel as they journeyed to the Promised Land, He will provide for you again! Trust in the Lord completely! I believe the place He has prepared for you is in Petra, Jordan. Don't hesitate a second when you see the abomination of desolation happen as the Antichrist will seek to kill all Jews during the remainder of the Tribulation Period. Those who make it to the place prepared for them in the wilderness will be spared the Antichrist's wrath.
Around the time the abomination of desolation is to occur, a religious leader capable of bringing fire down out of the skies will rise to prominence. This man is the cohort of the Antichrist - the False Prophet. He is the final member of the Satanic trinity of Satan (in the role of the Father), the Antichrist (in the role of the Son), and the False Prophet (in the role of the Holy Spirit).
The False Prophet will require an image of the Antichrist be made and placed in the Temple which he will somehow be able to give life to. He will require it to be worshipped. All who refuse to worship the image will be killed.
He will further require everyone, in order to buy or sell, to accept what is known as the mark of the beast, as seen in Revelation 13:16-18: “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.”
DO NOT TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST! If you accept the mark of the beast, you are damned as you have chosen Satan as your eternal master. You will go to HELL if you take it. There is no forgiveness! DO NOT TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!!!!
There is no forgiveness! DO NOT TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!!!!
The mark of the beast will likely be either a tattoo or an implantable chip technology, but exactly what the mark of the beast will be is unsure as I write this. Rest assured you can't take it by accident. If you take the mark, you will do so willingly, although you may be under the threat of death if you don't.
If presented with the option of taking the mark of the beast or being killed, choose death. God will strengthen you to accept the punishment if you choose Him. All who refuse to accept the mark or worship the image of the beast will beheaded in all likelihood, as seen in Revelation 20:4, but this is far better than the other alternative.
The Antichrist's power will be such that he will control the world's governments politically, militarily, economically, and religiously at this point. God's wrath is about to fall....
The Bowl Judgments: God's final judgments
The second half of the Tribulation Period is set to begin and it is going to be utter horror. If you are alive at this point, consider yourself lucky! If you make it the rest of the way, you will see the return of Christ. Hopefully, you'll survive, but I wouldn't bet on it.
- Sores - Everyone who has accepted the mark of the beast will receive a horrible sore. Revelation 16:2: “And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.”
- The seas turn to blood and ALL life in the sea dies - The seas will become like the blood of a dead man. Dried up? Congealed? Lacking oxygen? Revelation 16:3: “And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.”
- All fresh water turns to blood as God's punishment for the martyrdom of Christ followers - Revelation 16:4-6: “And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.”
- The sun sears mankind with heat - Revelation 16:8-9: “And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.”
- Darkness and pain falls on the Antichrist's kingdom - Revelation 16:10-11: “And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.”
- The Euphrates River is dried up allowing the kings of the east to march to the battle of Armageddon - Revelation 16:12-16: “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.”
- An earthquake so powerful it will flatten every mountain and island strikes and hailstones weighing approx. 100 lbs. each rain down on the earth - This event is both a cataclysmic judgment on mankind and a preparation for the coming Millenial Kingdom of Christ as the lands are made flat to create space for the multitudes that will live on the earth after Christ's reign begins. Revelation 16:17-21: “And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.”
After this final judgment, Jesus Christ will soon return to the earth, destroy the Antichrist's armies, throw the Antichrist and the False Prophet into the lake of fire, have Satan bound for 1000 years, and set up His kingdom on earth.
Although this guide is designed to provide you with an overview of events, I in no way claim to know the precise manner in which these things will come to pass. Much of the book of Revelation will only be understood completely when it actually happens.
The prophecies of the Bible are in no way open to private interpretation (2nd Peter 1:20) so you should depend on the written Word of God for answers to any questions you may have beyond what is explained here in Scripture.
If possible, you should get a Bible and read the entire book of Revelation repeatedly. The Bible is the Word of God and is the final authority on all matters of prophecy! I add no words nor take no words away from the prophecies of the book of Revelation as it is the revealing of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Each and every word of the book of Revelation is to be believed exactly as written.
If you've been left behind, I hope this document will strengthen you in some manner to be faithful to Christ from this point forward. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and strengthen you to face all that is to come until His return.
© 2008 RaptureAlert.com. All rights reserved.